First Years Preschool
First Years Preschool is a ministry of First Baptist Oviedo with a mission to provide a quality early education experience that will create a thirst for learning in each child. We desire to develop the skills necessary for our students' future school success, encourage their personal relationship with the Lord, shape their moral integrity, and support parents in their role as the child's primary teacher.
We believe a child’s education is the foundation for developing their full God-given potential, growing as Jesus did - “in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man”. (Luke 2:52) We believe the best educational approach is one that focuses on the education of the whole child. Our teachers will address physical, academic, social, emotional and spiritual needs. We see each of these areas as “spokes in the wheel” that make up the individual child. All of the spokes must be present and in balance for the wheel to work properly…so it is with your child. We desire to see that each child possess the ability to write his/her name, begin to identify letters of the alphabet, and also be able to handle disappointments, zip a coat, and walk on a balance beam. All are necessary for future success. Our Christian teachers will strive to be positive role models in the students’ lives and will implement a Christian viewpoint into every area of learning.
In pursuit of our mission, First Years Preschool is committed to the following core values:
1. We believe God has a unique plan for every child’s life. We are humbled He has called us to be a part of His plan and earnestly strive to honor Him in all that we say and do. Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
2. We believe in the uniqueness of each child’s God-given ability and assert that all children can thrive in an appropriate environment. Proverbs 22:6 "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
3. We seek to create a love of learning through a child-centered, play-based environment that values and encourages curiosity, exploration and discovery. 1 Corinthians 13:11" When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me."
4. We desire to develop a Christian culture in our school where we understand, implement and hold one another accountable to Biblical principles of conduct and attitude. Philippians 2:5 "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus."
5. We believe we have a responsibility to provide an environment that protects a child’s physical and emotional well-being and encourages the growth and development of his/her social competence. Psalm 139:14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
6. We believe in fostering authentic partnerships with families that will support their role as their child’s primary teacher. Deuteronomy 6:6-7 "These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."
7. We believe in establishing and maintaining relationships with families that result in open communication, collaboration and a sense of belonging. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up."
STATEMENT OF FAMILY VALUES
First Years Preschool recognizes that there are a variety of family structures in today’s families. As our curriculum addresses the subject of marriage and families we will teach children God’s plan for families as described in the Bible. We believe that God defines marriage as a covenant between one man and one woman, to whom God often entrusts the care and raising of children. Children are taught that they are to honor and obey the parents that God has blessed them with.
Explore our site to learn more about First Years Preschool or